Every day there are funny things that happen in the Bauman household, most of which result from something Aiden says or does. Here's one that I had to share.
One night last week, we were getting the kids ready for bed, and I had Aiden in his pajamas already, sitting on our bed while Stella was getting changed. Aiden looks over and sees some chapstick on the nightstand. He grabs it as quick as he can and starts saying "blue on it...blue on it!" I could tell he was proud of himself. And I was proud of him too, because the wrapper on the chapstick was blue. He knows his colors, and of course he was telling us that there was blue on it, right?
Well, he jumps off the bed as quick as he can, continuing to say "blue on it" and runs out of the room. I thought it was strange that he got that excited over it, so I decided to follow him. He makes a dash down stairs, and goes directly to the couch where he had a craft from church that day. Shanna had a Bible study earlier in the day, and the teachers in his class helped Aiden make a craft with construction paper and foam shapes.
So he stands in front of the craft and starts yelling "blue on it!" Then I realize, he thinks the chapstick is a GLUESTICK and he has been saying "Glue on it!" the whole time. He used a glue stick to glue the shapes on the craft, and he wanted to do it again to fix the pieces that fell off.
Since it was time for bed (already past his normal time), I told him we would put glue on it tomorrow. Luckily we had a glue stick to use the next morning.
And to top it off, the next morning when I told him we would glue his craft he still went to the drawer in the bathroom and grabbed the chapstick.
Priceless!! Things like this happen all the time and just make us laugh. Aiden is such a blessing to us, and I thank God every day for blessing Shanna and I with such enjoyable children with Aiden and Stella.
2 comments:
Still laughing at this the 2nd time I hear it. That kid is pretty awesome! :)
That's a great story! Just wait until the day he uses a glue stick for chapstick!! :)
Post a Comment