Things have been busy here. Like usual I suppose. This past week we celebrated Brian's birthday and Easter. For Brian's birthday we just hung out at home for dinner and then had cake with the kids. We got to talk to Brian's youngest sister, Rebecca, on skype during the singing and that was fun to have her and her husband "join us".
It was an ice cream cake and not very big, so I was a little worried if we dragged the song out too much the cake might start melting! The kids - and the Paukert's - did a great job singing!
For Easter we attended our churches Good Friday service - which is always one of my favorites - and then of course went to church on Easter morning. We didn't give the kids their baskets or even dye eggs until Sunday afternoon. I'm sort of a scrooge about the commercialism of Easter - but that's a whole other discussion! :)
It's been really neat this year with the kids, to dive more into the explanation of Easter and Jesus dying on the cross and then rising again to save us! I love watching their minds work and hearing the questions they ask. So precious!
What a fun week!
No comments:
Post a Comment