Thursday, June 14, 2012

Friday Foto Fun - Kayak Fun

Today's pictures come to you from the middle of Missouri. 
Last Saturday, at 2:00am I left with 6 other guys from Nashville to drive 350+ miles to the Current River in Missouri for a 4 day/3 night kayak trip.  We paddled about 45 miles in total. It was an amazing adventure to experience God's creation.

The water was nice and cool, maybe around 68 or 70 degrees. So it helped keep our drinks cool.


A typical view each day.


Venturing into a cave.


Travel size Settlers of Catan at the campsite.


Monday around noon, it started to rain, thunder and lightning. After 15 minutes trying to huddle under a tree to stay dry, which didn't work, I remembered I had a 10 foot tarp on the outside of my kayak. So I ran and got it, and we huddled under it for a couple hours.

Camping on the gravel bars.

Found a cave to explore...

...and it was dirty.

See! Just a little mud.

Monday night we found the perfect camping spot.  Watching the dew roll in before it got dark was an amazing sight.



Everything fit in my kayak.  Food, tent, clothes, sleeping bag, etc.


Sunset on the way home.

I was in the passenger seat and had fun with the camera.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are amazing pics Brian.What a wonderful experience I am sure.See you in less than 2 weeks! Love Mom

Lorie said...

I used to go tubing down Current River. Fun, fun times!

Brian Bauman said...

Lorie, there were lots of people tubing/rafting the river on Saturday when we put in. Made it sort of fun and interesting to get around them at times in the shallow parts of the river though.