Tuesday, December 11, 2007

How I Found Out

It was a Sunday morning, and Shanna and I were laying in bed as our alarm had just gone off for us to get ready for church. Then, all of a sudden, Shanna jumps up and runs out of the room. I didn't think anything of it, just thought maybe she was going to get some coffee started or something. Then about 90 seconds later, she comes in and dives on the bed (almost landing on me) with an envelope and hands it to me with a big grin on her face. I smiled back, not knowing what all this was about and began to open the card. It was a fathers day card and said how she can't wait to see how I will lead the family and happy fathers day. When I looked up at her, she yelled "We're Pregnant!"

Shanna told me that I was going to be a dad on fathers day! How cool is that?!? I would then come to learn that she knew for a couple weeks, but decided to wait until fathers day to tell me. I know that must have been really tough for her to hold back the news. I guess I sort of know how it was, because a couple weeks later we spent an entire week at the beach with Shanna's sister and brother-in-law and their 4 kids, but didn't say anything to them because we were waiting until the entire family was together. There were a couple times throughout that week when our niece or nephew would say something like "When is aunt Shanna going to have kids? I don't think she ever will" and Shanna and I would look at each other and kind of smile.

I will never forget that morning when she told me and how it made me feel. She is going to be a great mother, and I can't wait to see how God is going to use her in raising our child in a Godly manner and in a way that brings glory to Him.

No comments: