Monday, May 12, 2008

The Best Weekend

What a WONDERFUL weekend we had. Friday night we taught some friends Hand and Foot. I must admit my team (Jonathan McGehee and myself) got reamed! I declare a rematch!

Saturday morning we woke up and headed out for strawberry picking!! I had never been but Brian told me stories from when his family went as a kid and I was so excited. We picked just about 20 pounds of berries and I loved every minute. YES, okay, I admit, we ate a few along the way. Here are some pictures....

Aiden saying "C'mon mom - stop taking pictures and let's just go already."

Brian picking strawberries!  Our 20 pounds!!  How beautiful are these?!


So, with our 20 pounds of strawberries we made 17 jars of jam, 4 jars of baby food for Aiden and then froze a ton for later use. What fun! 

The fun didn't stop there...Saturday night was a very special night. One of Brian's friends from college - Scott Merseraeu came to Nashville for a visit. He currently lives in New Jersey and Brian hadn't seen him since 2000 - meaning I had never met him. 

We had Scott and his family over for a cookout as well as some other college friends. Here are the guys at their reunion! L to R - Brian, Lee, Scott and Jeff. 

Then came Sunday!! MOTHER'S DAY! My first one as you know! I woke up and got Aiden out of bed at 7 for his feeding. When I got back to my bedroom there were "packages" on my pillow. 2 cards (one from Aiden and one from Brian), 2 puzzles Aiden had made and then a book. 

We went to church in the morning, then out to dinner and then back to church for a concert at night. It was a lovely day and Aiden treated me right!! You can't tell in the photo below but his shirt says "Property of Mom". He was so cute in his camo pants!! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great looking berries! Glad I was able to help you get your jam made even if it was long distance. Enjoy! Love Grandma Leah