Thursday, July 17, 2008

Aiden's 6 Months Old

So today we had Aiden's 6 month appt with his pediatrician. To start the visit Aiden decided to poop - a full blown blow out. Glad I've somewhat gotten used to this and had an extra outfit for him. Now we'll have to wash his car seat again!

Secondly, we had the "you can start foods" discussion with his doctor. Aiden can now start to eat pureed foods - HELLO sweet potatoes, peas, greenbeans, bananas, peaches, pears, avocado and more!!! We'll be sure to get some pictures as we start to feed him. I'm sure he'll have it all over the place. I plan to try and make his food so we'll see how that goes.

Thirdly, Aiden is developing and growing very well. He's now 18.3 lbs and 27 inches long. No teeth are forming yet that we can feel but that's okay. I'm probably glad for that. And.. His eye gunk has cleared up completely and that's great.

The pediatrician commented about his smile and laughter and how cute they were. We feel truly blessed by Aiden and the gift he is to our family! I just can't believe he's 6 mo. already!!

2 comments:

Nanette R. said...

Six months old is a fun age! You'll love the way he'll "enjoy" his new foods (one of my all-time fave pics of Daniel is with orange baby food all over his face)! I'm glad that Aiden is healthy and growing as he should. You are truly blessed!

Rob Robinson said...

Shanna, it's amazing that Aiden is six months old already! Wow! I'm so glad to hear that he's doing well.