Friday, July 24, 2009

Greens and Yellows NOT Pink and Purple

Well, for those that don't know me well, I'm here to tell you pink and purple are not on my favorite colors list. I prefer greens and yellows much more. Yes, I'm a tomboy through and through. 

So, when we found out were having a GIRL (Yes, you heard that right, a girl!) I immediately thought "let's go buy a Vandy shirt or a Michigan jersey for this little one". I'm okay with dresses but not the lace, I'm okay with pink if it's mixed with green, I'm okay with ballerina's if they are dancing after a touchdown, you get the picture!

We couldn't be happier that we're having a girl - don't get me wrong - I'm just gonna need some help with the girlie, prissy parts! 

8 comments:

Jonathan and Rebekah McGehee said...

Don't worry, Elaina will take care of that. She'll teach both of you what to do. =)

Claire said...

Congrats on the little girl! I know you'll make her room bright and cheery and perfect!

PS--the first purchase we made for our baby girl was a Virginia Tech onesie--but it's pink. ;-)

Julie K said...

Aunt Julie would love to help you out with the frills!! I panicked when I first found out we were having a boy....what ever will I do with a boy I thought! Now I can't imagine my life without my boys. Sometimes these little gifts from God can be blessings in disguise! ;0

Brian Bauman said...

We have the room painted, a fan up, and the furniture ready to go! Now we just have to move Aiden out.

Lorie said...

Dress her the way YOU want to the first few years. She'll let you know soon enough what SHE prefers to wear. I have a friend who is tomboy-ish like you &, much to her dismay, her daughter is all girl - pink & lace. Congrats!

Rebecca said...

I was thinking more along the lines of a Red Wings jersey! :)

Katherine Jacobs said...

Looks like there are gonna be lots of little girls at GCC in December...CONGRATS!!

Michael and Jana said...

I felt the same way when we found out about Andi (heck, we named her a boy's name) In fact, I had to have a lesson from Melanie Seaver on how to do her hair. Now, of course, I love her and all her girliness. I have no doubt you will too!!