Sunday, August 9, 2009

Nashville Tour Guides

Brian, Aiden and I got the privilege of being the tour guides to five very special guests. Aiden's Grandma Bauman, Aunt Leigh Anne, Uncle Phil, Aunt Rebecca and Andy all came to visit and we had so much fun showing them around.

I'm going to let the pictures tell most of the story as we got some great ones!

We first went to the Carter House - a historic civil war battlefield was fought here. It was so neat to experience this and realize just how many men fought for our country.



The highlight of the trip was going to Wildhorse Saloon to learn some line dances. We weren't sure how Aiden would do but boy did he show us up! He LOVED it!






I just don't think I could do the night justice without posting a few videos.


This one is a minute long but was awesome. Watch the lead singer and Aiden. Aiden was the only one on the dancefloor busting a move.



The next day we went to the Ryman Auditorium and walked around Downtown Nashville.



Of course in Nashville there are going to be some honky tonk stores and the guys had to get in on the redneck look.



After that was lunchtime and we went to Centennial Park to see the Parthenon replica. There are some great places for kids there. Here is a train we ate lunch near.



We also had to take our guests to the Opryland Hotel. It's the largest and most beautiful.


There is this large staircase at one of the entrances. We had some fun here!








The next day we went to another historic home - The Hermitage - home of former President Andrew Jackson. I didn't get any pictures of the house or grounds but Grandma bought Aiden this pinwheel. I think these are better photos than any old house! Ha!


We ended our week doing some canning - peaches, tomatoes and homemade spaghetti sauce. Aiden even got in on the action.


It sure was a crazy busy week but I'd do it all over again! I love my family!

4 comments:

Julie K said...

Looks like you all had a great time...and the Nashville Baumans sure are good tour guides. I love the videos....too much fun!!! Someday we are planning a trip there too so you can show us around! ;)

Leigh Anne said...

Phil and I had such a wonderful time with you guys in Nashville. Thank you so much for hosting us and driving us all around town. We especially loved the dancing at the Wild Horse Salon. I am pretty sure that was Aiden's favorite part too. Thanks so much. We love you!

Anonymous said...

It was an awesome week and I loved every minute! I have been blessed with wonderful children, in-laws, and grandkids! I love you all very much. Love Grandma Leah

Sharla Martinez said...

Cute pics! I couldn't get Aiden's video to work. It says it us unavailable. My kids are excited to see him!