Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Goodbyes Are Always Hard!

So today - Tuesday - my parents leave in just a few hours for Brazil. Not for a week vacation, not even for a month trip - nope! They'll be gone six full months! Not scheduled to fly back until August! Very sad!!

To say our goodbyes we hosted my parents down at our house for the weekend. They were able to come Friday night and spend the night and then spend all day Saturday with us. How in the world do you cram 6 months worth of "life" into a weekend?! I don't know!!! We sure tried!

I mean Stella will change so much before they get back! Aiden will grow so much taller (hopefully) too!

So, we did what we could and tried to spoil them and give them as much time with the grandkids as possible!

We went fishing (yeah, a 3yr olds type of fishing - in a small creek with no fish), we played games, we ate meals, we laughed, we napped, we went for ice cream, and yes, we cried - well I did!! I think my parents are too excited to shed any tears, but I sure got sad!

Here are some photos of our weekend. Mainly just the fishing as that's all Aiden talked about!







I already miss them and they haven't even boarded the plane yet!! Please pray for them as they'll be working with a church there to help spread the gospel, encourage their leaders and do construction work to build on to their facilities. It should be a great time for them - but I'm still sad they'll be gone so long!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We are all praying for them. Those 6 months will fly by and they will be back before you know it. And with your beautiful blog and picture taking I know they will see your kids grow. Love and miss you. Robin

Leigh Anne said...

They're in our prayers as well!