I've been saying for over a year now that I wish I'd kept a diary of all the silly things Aiden says, or the questions he asks, etc. Well over the last few days he's really had me laughing so I thought I'd share...
1) We ask Aiden what we should pray for before we pray. It's usually simple things that he lists off but it's often he'll mention friends names - "pray for the Kelley's, the McGehee's, the Goggans, and the Shriers". He'll say we should thank God for God, our house, his Star Wars, the van, etc.
Yesterday our friend Emilie (Goggans) had to go to the hospital and I told Aiden several times throughout the day we needed to be praying for her. At dinner I asked him again, Aiden who should we pray for and with a straight face he looks at me and says "I don't want to pray for Mrs. Goggans anymore! I've done that enough today." I proceed to tell him that he didn't have a good attitude about it and that she still needed prayer. He then tells me "Mrs. Goggans knows I want to pray for the McGehee's instead." And then he bows his head and prays.
2) Last night after the above mentioned meal we went out for ice cream. I let Aiden get his own and I was going to share with Stella. So I gave myself a little more - heath and strawberry flavored. Aiden scarfed his down and I asked if he'd like a bite of mine. He looks in the bowl and says "That's girl ice cream" "Huh" I replied. "You know mom, it's GIRL ice cream" After looking at my bowl for a few seconds I respond with "you mean because it's got pink in it?" "Y-E-S" and he sighs!
3) Often times I'll lay down with Aiden for his afternoon nap and read him a book in bed and then just stay there until he falls asleep. He likes to sing or flips around a lot before he dozes off and often I'm reminding him it's quiet time and to lay still. Well today I'm in bed with him and I just can't get the covers pulled up right over us. I'm wrestling with them and I guess I let out a sigh or grunt because Aiden looked at me and said "lay still - it's my quiet time"
There are a TON more and I'm gonna have to do better at writing them down. Aiden really talks a lot and his vocabulary and memory often give us giggles. I'm proud to be Aiden's mommy!
4 comments:
Those are way to funny! Can't wait for what Stella picks up from him!
Do try to write them down because they are soon forgotten. Aiden does have a mind of his own, love that boy(Stella too)!!!!! Love Grandma Leah
Reminds me of another little boy I once knew (well, I still know him, but he's not little anymore!). Definitely write them down. :-)
He's too funny!
Post a Comment