Friday, October 16, 2009

Friday Foto Fun

Today's feature includes multiple pictures of the same subject.

Earlier this week I spent a few days in Arlington, Texas for work. My hotel was across the street from the new Dallas Cowboys stadium. While I'm not a fan of the Cowboys at all, I do enjoy seeing stadiums. I only got pictures from the outside, since I was not about to pay $15 for a tour of the inside.
For those of you who don't know about this stadium, here are a few stats.
- Seats 80,000 (option for up to 112,000 including standing room only seats)
- Largest domed stadium in the world
- Largest column-free interior
- Largest video screen (hung 20 yard line to the opposite 20 yard line), which is the largest high-definition screen in the world.
- Cost $1.8 billion
- Retractable roof (you can see the massive structures that the roof "slides" along)
- Will host the 2011 Super Bowl (beating out bids by Glendale Arizona and Indianapolis Indiana)





2 comments:

The Fish Family said...

What? YOu don't think $15 was worth it??? Come now, Brian. I thought you were a well-educated man!! :) Thanks for the real photos. Wish the Fish Fam could have gone with you. Hopefully one day we'll get there. Go Cowboys!!

Anonymous said...

Really cool! MOM