Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend - Yes, we are behind

So, yes, we are behind in posting about last weekend. Blame it on me being pregnant, nesting, a long list of to do's, mailing out Christmas cards, whatever you want. I just didn't get to it. UNTIL NOW! I figure I have to get it in before Brian does his next Friday Foto!!

We had such a great weekend and there are so many pictures and videos to share so I'll try and pick the best ones for the blog.

Thanksgiving Day... we started the morning with a breakfast at home going through all the ads in the paper....


We then drove up to my oldest sisters house - only 1 hour away - and just stayed the day. It was so nice to have a low key holiday. We ate dinner and then went to try and have a bonfire on my sisters farm. It was so cold none of us lasted too long outside. We did manage a few photos however...

I just love this one of my sisters cracking up. No telling what they were talking about.

Andrea, my niece, is our resident wardrobe queen!

Aiden and Brian all bundled up.

Friday was spent decorating the house and putting up the Christmas lights. We babysat for some friends that night and the kids had so much fun together.

Elaina, Caden and Aiden

Saturday we put up the Christmas trees and got ready for a family Christmas party we were throwing for some friends.

Not so sure about these sugar cookies daddies making

Trying to help roll out the dough

Putting on the ornaments

The party festivities - decorating ornaments

Decorating the sugar cookies

Eli digging into his cookie

Some of the kids and adults eating the homemade pizza

And then Sunday - we saved the best for last - we took Aiden to the Opryland Hotel to see all the lights and the water show. We had heard there was also a train you could ride in so we were sure Aiden would love that. We were wrong - he was scared of it and did NOT want to ride. But you'll see we definitely had fun.





The main entrance to the hotel

Taking a break and getting ready for the water show. Aiden cracks me up!



Taking a stroll while the walkway is all yours!


Fountains are loads of fun when your two!

And I leave you with this last video. Not exactly sure when in the weekend it was captured so I couldn't put it in order. This is a reoccurring event in our house. Aiden loves music and loves to dance. He won't let us sit down - we have to be up dancing with him.

Brian has taught him some hip hop moves - thanks to TobyMac. It sure wears them both out!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious. The kids and I just finished watching. Bryce said "The music was really good."
Ummm I don't know about Brian's hip hop moves...is that the way the dance in Detroit. I was expecting a little bit more from Brian. LOL. Kara says she thinks Aiden is a cute dancer!!
Shelly

Anonymous said...

Maybe Aiden can teach me some of his moves in a couple of weeks! Watching Aiden and Brian together just makes me laugh! Can't wait to see you all! Love Grandma leah

PaulAmy said...

Very cute...look like Aiden is more worn out than Brian!