Here's a quick story of something that happened to Shanna and I today.
As you probably know (if you've been reading this blog for at least a month now, or have talked with us over that period of time), you know that we recently got a van. Today at church, we were going to have a mechanic who goes to our church take the van to his shop on the way home, so that he can give it a good look-over this week, and make sure everything checks out (hoses, belts, fluids, etc).
So Shanna and Aiden rode in the van, while I drove the jeep to church, since that would be our getaway car (aka ride home) after church. I gave the keys to the mechanic friend on his way out, then hung out at church for about 15 more minutes fellowshipping with friends. Then, Shanna, Aiden and I walked (well, we carried Aiden) to the Jeep, and all of a sudden, we looked at each other and realized that Aiden's car seat was still in the van, which was about 15 minutes away. I didn't know if I should laugh, be mad, or just frustrated at myself.
See, up until about last week, we usually carry Aiden in the carseat in to church, but since he's getting so big (see previous pictures), we've decided to just take him out and leave the car seat buckeled into the seat. I guess this is just one of many learning experiences we're going to learn having a child.
Oh, yes, we did end up getting the car seat. We had to go back into church and start asking people if they had a cell phone number for the mechanic so we could call him so I could go meet up and get the seat. We were able to get home safely.
1 comment:
Bummer. I can see why you would be frustrated. We do things like that all the time. =)
Post a Comment