Ok, so I have the best wife! Let me share a quick story of one of the many reasons why...
Shanna has always been a deal shopper, looking for deals and opportunities to save money (which is good because I am the same way). For groceries, it used to be coupons, and we always went to Kroger. Over the last couple of months, Shanna has made it her mission to take it to another level. So she has been comparing multiple ads, and seeing which coupons she has for what.
In the mix are Kroger, Publix, WalMart, Aldi, and Harris Teeter.
This week Harris Teeter (who doubles coupons up to $1, while other places is up to $0.50 and Walmart doesn't double) was having some Buy 1 Get 1 Free deals. So Shanna pulled out the coupons that matched the B1G1F items, and found that some of them were $0.75 coupons (meaning we would save $1.50 on that item).
At the store, she got the following:
- 3 boxes of Cheerios cereal
- 2 jars Skippy Peanut Butter
- 2 cartons of Purity ice cream
- 1 loaf of bread
All for under $5!!!!! How cool is that? One carton of ice cream is nearly $5 normally, so I would say she got a great deal today. And she didn't use any extra gas to get to the store, since she was passing the store on the way home from something else.
Of course, I'm sure the extra savings will go to diapers for Aiden, but I don't mind.
Thanks Shanna for always looking for the best deals each week on groceries.
5 comments:
Actually the total was $5.53 but still a GREAT deal!
Awsome job bargain-hunting, Shanna! And thanks for affirming your wife's effort, Brian! Ya'll need to use the money you saved and go get a Starbucks treat! :-)
OOH a starbucks treat! Nanette that's why you're my friend! Always with the good ideas! Thanks!! =)
Since you love such a great deal here's a site for you to check out: http://www.couponmom.com/. Geoff heard about it on one of the podcasts he listens to. I'm just beginning to check it out. As soon as I learn more about it I will probably put a post on my blog. Maybe you have more time than I do right now to check it out. Let me know what you think.
I don't know about Starbucks for Shanna. Last time she had something from there, she was up until 3am. Maybe she needs to stay away from those types of drinks.
Post a Comment