Monday, February 9, 2009

San Diego 2009

One morning last week, when the temperature was 31 degrees, I woke up and decided that I needed to go some place warm, so I jumped on a plane and went to San Diego, where the weather was 78 degrees when I landed.

Actually, I had a work trip planned that I had to go to. Yes, it was 78 degrees on Tuesday, low 70s on Wednesday, and low to mid 60s Thursday thru Saturday with rain mixed in here and there, but I still had some time to see the sights of such a beautiful city.
I've been there before (twice for work, and twice on vacation), so I knew to take my camera for when I had some free time.
Here are some pictures that I snapped.

It was good to meet up with Shanna's aunt's, cousin, and grandpa for dinner one night. Next year we'll all go (Shanna, Aiden, and I) so they can see each other too.

Because of the rain one morning, this was the view out the back of my hotel on the last morning.

The following four are from La Jolla Cove area, a beautiful place to see the waves crashing on the beach/cliffs.




Here's a view of the downtown skyline from across the bay on Coronado Island. I took my tripod and tried a couple different settings. I got some fun shots at this angle.

Coronado Island beach the afternoon I arrived.

Hotel del Coronado... a famous hotel in the area.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uncle Jimmy says you should be a photographer! Great pictures. I want to go.....
Aunt Cheryl

Brian Bauman said...

Thanks. I've always enjoyed taking pictures, and looking for fun angles of things.
If I had the time and money, I would love to take some photo classes and take it up more as a hobby.

Julie K said...

I agree with Jimmy....awesome pictures. Thanks for sharing them with us! :)

Nanette R. said...

Oooh! I want to go there! Tell Shanna to put that on our list for the coast-to-coast roadtrip. :-)

Sharla Martinez said...

i love you tio brian and tia shanna and aiden
from abigael

Nhu Tran said...

Sorry to miss you on this trip! Gotta have you and the family over for dinner again on your next visit to San Diego.

I love your photos, they look so professional.

Hugs to you and the family!