We're thinking about redoing our kitchen with a new backsplash and paint!! We currently have yellow and white walls and then a border along the top above our cabinets. See photo below.
We are wanting to tile the yellow space you see between the counter and the cabinets and take out the "fruit" border above. So... we went to a warehouse store today looking for some options. We've decided on using a slate or travertine tile. It creates such a rustic down home look once it's completed. We fell in love with it.
Now, the hard part... choosing what tiles / pattern to go with. This store had SO many to choose from. We've brought home some samples and narrowed it down to 4. We want your vote! Here are the options...
California Gold
Indian Autumn
What's your vote?
12 comments:
Hi Brian and Shanna.
Phil and I like the the Indian Autumn slate the best. Phil said that the adhesive we used was smaller than 1 gallon and that we only used one container. He thinks you will probably be fine with one 1 gallon container. We can't wait to see the finished product.
Hello, I am casting my vote for Indian Autumn. They are all nice but that one is my favorite. The pictures from the shower are wonderful. It was a great time!!!
Love Grandma Leah
How exciting :) I'd probably go with the Golden Harvest or Indian Autum. There's so many more colors in it - blues, greens, grays, golds - that way it goes with more!
So I'll admit it with you. I watch too much HGTV too (and I don't even have cable). Here are my amateur designer thoughts:
The first one will wash out your cabinets I think...it's too similar.
The second one is my favorite. I immediately thought of you and Brian and how well it would work with the rest of your house.
The third one is too boxy. You need some more lines...you know what I'm talking about...they talk about it all the time on HG.
The fourth one is also nice. I really like the colors and I think it would go well with your cabinets.
Vicki B.
Wow! Looks like Indian Autumn is stealing the show! Thanks so much for all the insight. Vicki - you crack me up but I love it! GREAT thoughts and insight! You've seen my house recently so you do know my colors! I think Indian Autumn and Golden Harvest both would tie into our living room downstairs that has blue and khaki. The California Gold really struck me because it looked real "worn" and "used" and I thought that was cool. BUT both California Gold and Noce Gold do have a lot of yellow so that might mute out our cabinets, counters and floor even more.
So much to consider! We'll keep you posted!
california gold or golden harvest
Well....I cast my vote yesterday for Indian Autumn as well but I'm not sure where it went?? Oh well....looks like you've gotten plenty of other great advice. Good luck with your project!
I too like the Indian Autumn . . . BUT . . . I think your house has a pretty good mix of bluey-grays and goldens. SOOOOoooo, I'm going to say Golden Harvest. I think they are all beautiful. I would love to see them up against the walls and in the light in that room. Could affect my choice but for now I'm sticking with GOLDEN HARVEST!
Kara and Bryce vote for IA. Brent, Katelyn and I vote for GH
Hey guys - I am voting Indian Autumn - am I too late?? (krista)
My vote is Noce Gold, but I also like the one below it (can't remember the name and don't want to go back). I don't think you could go wrong with any of them. Have fun! :-)
I like the Golden Harvest! The only one I don't like is the Noce Gold... too much yellow! The tiles look different in the new photos though. Will you be keeping the same wallpaper border in the kitchen? Happy decorating!
Post a Comment